Sunday, January 12, 2014

Showcase Sunday (#30)

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

For Review:
pic name pic name pic name
pic name pic name pic name
I received Anderson's The Impossible Knife of Memory awhile back but still haven't gotten around to reading it, simply because I am terrified of issue books. I will, however, read it because the reviews for it have been simply stunning so far. I did, though, read both The Art of Lainey, which I really enjoyed, and Royally Lost, which I didn't care much for. Red Rising is the next ARC I'm planning to tackle - I have high expectations for this one! - and I have no doubt that both The Vanishing Season and Of Metal and Wishes will be spectacular as I love their authors so much.

Bought: 
I've loved both these books from the moment I first read them a few years back and have finally gone out and bought copies for myself to read and re-read. And yes, I really did go through the lengths to acquire the cover of Chime shown above. I absolutely detest the new paperback. *shudders*

Borrowed:
pic name pic name pic name
pic name pic name pic name
pic name pic name pic name
I absolutely LOVED Jenn Bennett's latest, Bitter Spirits, and though I wasn't a fan of Roses, I am hoping to enjoy the rest of my library haul. I have a fair mix of Adult and YA Novels, from old favorites such as Sarah Addison Allen and Swati Avasthi to new authors I am excited to try like Yangszhe Choo and Rachel Bach. Either way, my reading schedule looks quite good for the coming weeks! (And, hopefully, these books can carry me through the endless wait for A Storm of Swords as it takes forever to become available in my library!)

What new books have you received this week? I'd love to see, so link me up if I haven't already stopped by to visit! :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see that you really enjoyed THE ART OF LAINEY! Now I have high hopes for that one :) I'm dying to get my hands on RED RISING and THE IMPOSSIBLE KNIFE OF MEMORY, they sound oh-so-good. And yes yes yes to WHERE SHE WENT! I'm curious to see what you think of BELLE EPOQUE, too. Seems like you have lovely books ahead of you, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see what you think of Roses. I heard it's a BatB re-telling, and to be honest I haven't had much luck with them.

    Ahh, I just love the cover for TVS. Planning on reading that soon, excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renu, I really enjoyed Roses but I wound up being quite disappointed by the end. I've really enjoyed Of Beast & Beauty as well as Heart's Blood which are two of my favorite B&tB re-tellings. I know you weren't a fan of Cruel Beauty, but perhaps you'll have better luck with these titles? I hope so!

      Delete
  3. I got Bitter Spirits this week as well. You got some books that are on a lot of people's list. Come check out my stack as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite a haul, Keertana. I hope you'll enjoy them all. I bought Delia's Shadow a while back but have yet to read it. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's just so much awesomeness in this post, Keertana! I'm definitely curious to see what you think of Of Metal and Wishes and The Impossible Knife of Memory and Bitter Spirits. I just bought Fortune's Pawn, so I'm really looking forward to reading that one soon myself.
    And yay I'm so happy to see Belle Epoque there. Such a great book - I can't wait to see your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up Belle Époque after reading your review, Amanda, so I'm certainly looking forward to it. Also, we'll have to compare thoughts on Fortune's Pawn - it's been getting all raving reviews, hasn't it? - and, btw, Bitter Spirits is fantastic though it's quite staunchly a paranormal romance, so I'm not sure how much you enjoy that genre. Still, I hope you like it when you pick it up!(:

      Delete
  6. Looks like you got quite a few good books to read. I've seen The Vanishing Season on quite a few blogs this week, so I'm looking forward to the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also got the Art of Lainey--It looks really good and a fun read!

    Happy reading, Keertana! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I enjoyed the Art of Lainey SO MUCH. I can't wait to see what you think of it too! Thanks for stopping by, dear! :)

      Delete
  8. I LOVED Bitter Spirits as well, Keertana! Winter was just all kinds of swoon! I want to read her Arcadia Bell series now. The Art of Lainey is such a cute cover, and I see from your comment above that you enjoyed it. I should hunt it down. Enjoy your reads, Keertana! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, the Arcadia Bell Series is absolutely fantastic! It doesn't have as much of a focus on the romance, but I really enjoyed it, so I'd definitely give it a try if I were you. And yes, The Art of Lainey really was very good - can't wait to see what you make of it!

      Delete
  9. This book haul is teasing me, K! Lots of goodies here! I'm especially looking forward to your thoughts on The Impossible Knife of Memory. I know Lauren had a positive experience, and if you do too, I'm running to my library to get it. I'm curious about The Vanishing Season, Of Metal and Wishes, Fortune's Pawn, Outcast, and Belle Epoque, but I hope everything here delivers! Thanks for sharing your week in books. :)

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got such amazing books this week! I love the cover for Red Rising, that's so good! :) I cannot wait to see what you think of it. Also I need to get a copy of the new Laurie Halse Anderson. She is amazing :) Great haul, Keertana :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I decided not to download Knife for the same reason you haven't read it yet. And I WANT to read Red Rising, but Kim already reviewed it for us, so it'll be a while before I get around to it.

    Wendy gave me Fortune's Pawn for Christmas, and I'm soooo excited to get to it. And I've been wanting to read Chime forever.

    What an awesome freaking haul. Well done.

    Kate @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice take! I am SUCKING at mailbox posts lately--but I still love looking at them! I think you'll like Roses--it both adheres to the original Beauty & Beast story but has a lot of original aspects to it as well. I am SO anxious to read Belle Epoque--I hear great, great things so I look forward to your review! And I have a copy of Chime just languishing on my shelf I REALLY need to read. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers and I read, reply, and appreciate every one of the comments I receive!(: If you're a fellow blogger, please leave a link to your blog - I'd love to drop by!

Unfortunately, this is now an award-free blog. I simply do not have the time to respond and forward on the award, but I truly appreciate the nomination regardless.